Personal Philosophy of Advance Nursing Practice Narrative
This Assignment addresses this course outcome:
-1:Formulate a professional nursing philosophy based upon the role and responsibilities of the advanced nurse.
IntroductionThe purpose of this Assignment is for you to present your views, values, and beliefs about the four concepts of the nursing metaparadigm (i.e., person, nursing, health, and environment) and their interrelationship to one another as they guide yourcurrentnursing practice. The process of identifying a personal nursing philosophy of advanced nursing practice and continuously examining, affirming, and validating this philosophy through caring for patients, families, communities, populations, and/or systems can foster professional and personal growth that builds advanced practice expertise.
DirectionsIn this Assignment, you will develop the first draft of your personal philosophy of advanced practice nursing. You will continue to work on this document throughout the course, with new drafts reflecting your growing sophistication as you reflect on each week’s lesson.
A philosophical statement includes these elements:
- An introduction that presents your thought processes used to articulate a philosophy of advanced practice nursing. Note that APA does not use a heading for the introduction, because it is assumed that the first few paragraphs of a manuscript are the introduction.
- Valued personal concepts, such as:
- Metaparadigm concepts such as person/client, nursing, health, and environment
- Additional concepts you may find valuable to advanced practice, such as IOM Future of Nursing, accountability, interprofessional collaborative practice, social justice, and professionalism
- Definition of each concept selected
- Relationships between and among concepts within your personal philosophy as applied to your current practice. A diagram with should be used to graphically depict these interrelationships.
Organization of Your PaperYour final paper is to be written in APA format (including organization, documentation, and references) and be no more than two pages in length. The paper should include a title page and reference list, however, these pages are not included in the final page count.
Course materials, except textbook, may be used and must be supplemented by current literature from peer-reviewed nursing journals no older than 5 years.
Additional resources to support this Assignment include:
- Reflection: Readings
- IOM Future of Nursing
- Interprofessional collaborative practice
Evaluation CriteriaTo view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Home.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure toread the Assignment description carefully(as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric(under the Course Home) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilizespellingandgrammar checkto minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions ofStandard American English(correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- bewell ordered,logical,andunified, as well asoriginal and insightful;
- displaysuperior content, organization, style,andmechanics; and
- useAPA 6thEditionformat.
Philosophies and theories for advanced nursing practice
- Chapter 3: “The Essentials of the Doctor of Nursing Practice: A Philosophical Perspective”
Calwell, L., & Grobbel, C. C. (2013). The importance of reflective practice in nursing.International Journal of Caring Sciences,6(3), 31-326.
Disch, J. (2013). Interprofessional education and collaborative practice.Nursing Outlook, 61(1), 3-4.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2011). Core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice. Retrieved fromhttp://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/ipecreport.pdf
Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. (2010).The future of nursing: Leading change, advancing health.Retrieved from http://iom.nationalacademies.org/Reports/2010/The-Future-of-Nursing-Leading-Change-Advancing-Health.aspx
Jayatilleke, N., & Mackie, A. (2012). Reflection as part of continuous professional development for public health professions: A literature review.Journal of Public Health, 35(2), 308-312. Retrieved from http://jpubhealth.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2012/10/16/pubmed.fds083.full
The post What is your personal phylosophy of Advanced Nursing practice? appeared first on Quality Nursing Writers.