Communication is used to inform, to persuade and to analyze. In this assignment, you will persuade the reader of your point of view by supporting a thesis with objective facts and credible evidence.
In the week 2 forum, you selected your topic for this paper. You will take a stance on this issue and support your stance with credible evidence in your body paragraphs.
You will write a 5 paragraph essay.
In order to persuade the audience to accept the position you are advocating in this paper, you will use different kinds of appeals:
- ethos (which involves the credibility of the speaker, writer, or authority being cited);
- logos (which involves facts, statistics, and logic); and
- pathos (which involves emotions).
A good persuasive argument uses credible sources, objective evidence, and emotional “hooks” to make use of logos, ethos, and pathos respectively.
Be sure your thesis statement is very clear. It should be a single complete sentence, including both a subject and a predicate, that combine to make claim. Be sure to use a three part thesis statement.
Your introduction paragraph should include a “hook” to grab the reader’s attention. The thesis statement should be the last sentence of the introduction. Your body paragraphs will directly support the thesis. You should use credible sources and cite them according to the style of your discipline. Your conclusion should reiterate the strongest points from your paper and give the audience something to consider, moving forward.
- PURPOSE: To persuade
- AUDIENCE: The applicable audience for the type of document you’ve chosen to write.
- LENGTH: 500 – 750 words (Times New Roman font)
- SOURCES: A minimum of 3 with at least 1 from the library, and at least 1 from a professional journal or organization
- FORMAT: The citation style is APA
Submit Your Assignment and get professional help from our qualified experts!
two page essay 16 was first posted on August 2, 2020 at 2:13 pm.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com