This assignment is separate from your course project. An important task that leaders perform is setting the tone of an organization. Tone, climate, and culture are several ways that organizational experts talk about the organizational atmosphere, values, beliefs, and norms that can contribute to or hinder productivity in organizations. Various “tones” can be a part of the organizational setting, including trust, mistrust, hope, despair, faith, fear, conflict, and many more.
For this assignment, observe two actual, different leaders in your life as they conduct a meeting, practice, class, or other group activity. As you observe the event, consider the following questions:
- How did the leader make goals clear to group members?
- How were different members and their talents utilized?
- What were some of the positive norms of the group? Negative norms? How did the leader contribute to or reinforce those norms?
- How would you assess the cohesiveness of the group?
- What are your observations of the general tone and climate of the meeting? How did the leader contribute to or reinforce the tone (Northouse, 2009, pp. 120– 121)?
After you have observed the two meetings and considered the reflective questions above, write a summary of your findings. In particular:
- Compare and contrast the two leaders’ tone setting style. Focus on the people issues.
- How did the leaders’ different tone setting style seem to contribute to the norms, reactions, climate, and group outcomes?
- Assess your own tone-setting style.
- Evaluate what you can learn and apply from your observations of the leaders and from the organizational literature to enhance your tone-setting style.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH COLLEGE NURSING PAPERS AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
Tone Testing was first posted on June 29, 2020 at 8:16 pm.
©2019 "College Nursing Papers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com