Overview of this Assignment:
This assignment requires you present a sociological analysis of gun control problem.
You will research the social problem, analyze the problem sociologically,
and utilize a global perspective in presenting solutions that another country (or countries)
around the world use to address this social problem.
You will then arrange this information in a creative, engaging and well-crafted visual
presentation using any of the following formats: power point
You must consult at least 4 academic sources. Two of these can include texts or readings
for this course (Social Problems: Community, Policy and Social Action by Anna Leon – Guerrero, 6 edition), the other two sources may include academic journals, white papers, trade books (books that are written from a particularly disciplinary perspective), websites of formal organizations working with the problem, etc.
Please do not use Wikipedia!
You must include a Works Cited list in your presentation and cite the specific sources of the
information that you are presenting throughout your presentation
File Submission Guidelines:
For this and all assignments for the course, please use the following submission
Word and Power Point (PPT and PPTX) files
**Please DO NOT: **
Submit a link to a google doc. If you are using google docs to create your
project, please download it as a PDF file and attach that file to submission
Submit your project using .pages, rtf files, or any other file formats not
How to Organize Your Presentation:
Your presentation must address the following questions in this order–
1. What is the specific problem you are discussing and why should it be
considered a social problem?
2. How would this social problem be viewed through the lenses of Functionalism, Conflict and Symbolic Interaction Perspectives?
3. Provide some historical context to your social problem. What has contributed to the evolution of this problem as a social problem? Does it have an specific origin in time? How has this problem been viewed historically? (e.g. has it always been a social problem or is it just now being discussed or viewed as a social problem?
4. Who, objectively, is harmed by this social problem and how? (Include statistics and data).
5. What is being done to address this problem in the United States? What are some ways this problem is addressed in one or more different countries? Which solutions do you feel are the most effective and why?
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.