PLEASE DONT TAKE THIS QUESTION UNLESS YOU ARE A GOOD WRITER, WHO IS WILLING TO READ THE CHAPTERS, AND WHO DOESN’T SOUND FOREIGN AND CAN WRITE AN A WORTHY ESSAY, THANK YOUY!!!
Book Link: https://www.scribd.com/document/273297920/Mihaly-C…
PT 1 OF THIS QUESTION:
Online English 103
Flow, Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 10
Please answer in complete, proofread sentences.
1. Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi states in the Appendix at the end of Flow in “About the Book,” that “By random mutations, some individuals must have developed a nervous system in which the discovery of novelty stimulates the pleasure centers of the brain” (6). In other words, creativity may have been developed in human beings as a biological imperative to enable us to feel pleasure when we discover something new. He believes that creativity makes us better-adapted to a constantly-changing environment.
Please describe a time in your life when you were confronted with something new or a changing environment. Did it give you pleasure, as Csikszentmihaly suggests, or did it make you uncomfortable or cause stress? Or both? Please explain in a few sentences. Did anything good come out of the situation (regardless of the way you felt about it)?
2. Csikszentmihalyi believes that gaining mastery over consciousness leads to happiness. He suggests that
A person can make himself happy, or miserable, regardless of what is actually happening “outside,” just by changing the contents of consciousness. We all know individuals who can transform hopeless situations into challenges to be overcome, just through the force of their personalities. This ability to persevere despite obstacles and setbacks is the quality people most admire in others, and justly so; it is probably the most important trait not only for succeeding in life, but for enjoying it as well. (Flow, 24)
In a few sentences, please give an example of a time when you have observed this “mastery of consciousness” in yourself or in someone else. (It can be someone famous or an acquaintance, a family member, or yourself). Do you agree with his idea?
3. Csikszentmihalyi says “To develop this trait, [the ability to persevere despite setbacks and obstacles] one must find ways to order consciousness so as to be in control of feelings and thoughts,” (24).
Now let’s say your best friend has just suffered a terrible break up. Would he or she appreciate hearing the above quote and the quote in #3? Could it be helpful? Annoying? According to Csikszentmihalyi in Chapter 2, what is “the mark of someone who is in control of consciousness”? What specific strategies for achieving this does Csikszentmihalyi give that you could pass along to your friend?
4. In Chapter 3, “Enjoyment and the Quality of Life,” what does Csikszentmihalyi write about activities that involve serious risk, like hang gliding, mountain climbing, etc.? How do they provide enjoyment for the participants? Is there a lesson for us in our everyday lives about our own comfort with risk?
5. Please add vocabulary list and definitions ( Please pick 5 of the hardest words you can find in these chapters and list and define them in depth)
PT 2 OF THIS QUESTION:
Please write your summary of Chapter 10 of Csikszentmihalyi’s Flow, “The Making of Meaning.”
Please include all citation information including title and author. You may include quotes. Be sure not to write your own opinion, but only what the author has said.
Please follow the guidelines for writing a summary on pp. 166-169 of The West Guide (I have attached this) PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS!
This chapter should appear on your Works Cited page in MLA format at the end of your summary.
The post Read chapters 1,2,3, 10 of (Mihaly Csikszentmihaly, Creativity) and write on the instructions below. appeared first on Submit Your Homework.
Read chapters 1,2,3, 10 of (Mihaly Csikszentmihaly, Creativity) and write on the instructions below. was first posted on November 2, 2020 at 8:15 am.©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com