chicka chicka boom boom
complete sentences that explain your ideas:
1. Share which Picturebook you chose and why you chose it. Then, provide a brief summaryof the book.
2. How appropriate is the content of the book for its intended age level? What elements make
it appropriate or inappropriate for that age group?
3. Is this a book that will appeal to children, or is it really written for adults? Explain your
4. What is the quality of the language of the text? Support your answer with specific
5. Are the characters well delineated and developed? In what ways? Explain.
6. Are stereotypes regarding race, gender, and ability avoided? Describe specifically how
stereotypes are avoided or reinforced.
7. Does the story exemplify good storytelling? Explain.
8. Explain how the theme is developed through text and illustrations.
9. In what ways do the illustrations help create the meaning of the text? Explain using specific
10. Through the illustrations, how has the artist portrayed the setting of when and where the
story takes place?
11. Do the illustrations extend the text in any way? How?
Do the illustrations provide clues to the action of the story? Explain using specific
13.Are the pictures accurate and consistent with the text? How does the illustrator create or
fail to create consistency?
14.How are pictures made an integral part of the text?
Use your own words and include the in-text citation for any resources you may use when
answering some of these questions.
o For example, if you are citing your textbook, use the in-text citation: (Kiefer & Tyson,
2019) and the reference: Kiefer, B. Z., Tyson, C. A., Parsons Barger, B., Patrick, L. &
Reilly-Sanders, E. (2019). Charlotte Huckâ€s children’s literature: A brief guide (3rd ed.).
New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Education.
Be sure to use appropriate paragraph breaks and keep your writing free from spelling and
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post picturebook evaluation appeared first on My Nursing Experts.