1. Asking a child to form the shapes of letters of the alphabet with their bodies is an example of a physical education task that reinforces knowledge from _______________. (Points : 1) communication
2. In the history of American Public Education, which of the following has NOT been a goal of public education? (Points : 1) preparing students for higher education
enhancing competitiveness in the global economy
preparing students to be future leaders
preparing children to be good citizens
3. What are the three fundamental needs that need to be supported in order to motivate students to participate in physical activity during physical education class time? (Points : 1) morality, creativity, problem solving
self-esteem, confidence, achievement
competence, relatedness, autonomy
understanding, participation, identity
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Piaget’s four major stages of cognitive development? (Points : 1) sensorimotor
5. Which of the following is the BEST way for individuals to improve overall bone health? (Points : 1) To participate in weight-bearing activities.
To do 120 to 150 minutes a week of moderate-intensity aerobic activity.
To improve cardiorespiratory endurance.
6. During which stage of play do children seem unconcerned with what others around them are doing? (Points : 1) solitary play
7. Which stage of play does not involve children using the same materials? (Points : 1) onlooker play
8. Which of the following is one of NASPE’s components for quality physical education programs? (Points : 1) inspires lifetime activity
better academic performance
promotes a healthy lifestyle
uses meaningful content
9. Understanding growth and development allows one to (Points : 1) progress from simple unskilled movements to highly complex motor skills
select appropriate tasks for children in the early years and during their time in school
interact and develop relationships with others
help accelerate children in their cognitive development
10. Which of the following examples would BEST promote physical education programs among the community? (Points : 1) having parents participate as volunteers during fitness testing
leaving physical education classes open for observation
conducting a parent/student bike ride which travels through parts of the community
establishing after school activity programs for students
The post PED212 physical education quiz, health and medicine homework help first appeared on The Nursing Tutors.