The Summative Assessment for this course will involve the application of professional presentation skills in preparing a Power Point presentation and a narrative summary that might be used in an oral presentation related to communication in the human services field. This Final Project will focus on one group in need that is served by human service professionals, taking into account all of the learning outcomes identified throughout the course. Note: The Final Project requires the submission of both the Power Point presentation and the narrative summary.
Imagine that you are a human service professional interviewing clients from a particular group and select one of the following groups:
- Children and families
- People with mental illness
- People with disabilities
Upon selecting a group of interest, prepare a six- to eight-slide presentation (excluding title and reference slides) that includes the following:
- A description of the group’s challenges and specific communication needs (one slide)
- A description of at least two communication theories applicable within the human services field. Discuss how you, in the capacity of a human services professional, might use each theory to effectively engage with your clients. (one to two slides)
- Examples of three verbal and three nonverbal communication techniques/skills you might use when working with clients from within the health and human services workplace setting (three to four slides)
In addition to your Power Point presentation, prepare a four- to six-page narrative summary (excluding title and reference pages) that further explains your selected methods. Specifically, your summary will
- Describe your selected communication theories as applied to the health and human services setting, including your reasoning for selecting them, as well as benefits and limitations of their use when working with your selected group.
- Identify active listening skills you might use in interpersonal (e.g., one-on-one interactions) and group (e.g., group sessions) settings within the workplace.
- Identify empathy skills you might use in interpersonal (e.g., one-on-one interactions) and group (e.g., group sessions) settings within the workplace
- Describe how family, culture, and gender issues impact communication.
- Consider your proposed approach to interviewing clients from your selected group and identify some of your personal communication strengths and growth.
Writing the Narrative Summary
The Narrative Summary:
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). The Power Point presentation must be at least six to eight slides in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least five scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Identify active listening skills you might use in interpersonal (e.g., one-on-one interactions) and group (e.g., group sessions) settings within the workplace. was first posted on September 10, 2019 at 4:54 am.
©2019 "Coursework Research". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com