1. The medical technology industry reinvests _________% of sales in research and development.
2. Use of this technology has resulted in decreased hospital days.
d. laparoscopic surgery
3. Fiber optics, microwave, and cryotherapy are used in _________.
a. laparoscopic surgery
c. genetic therapy
d. minimally invasive surgery
4. All of the following gene therapies have been approved by the FDA except:
a. vector virus introduction.
b. DNA manipulation.
c. stem cell therapies.
d. to date, there are no FDA approved gene therapies
5. This legislation required labeling of drugs and food additives.
a. 1959 Kefauver Senate hearings
b. 1962 Amendment to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
c. Food and Drug Act of 1906
d. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act of 1938
6. About 20 to 100 people participate in this new drug trial phase.
a. Phase IV
b. Phase II
c. Phase I
d. Phase III
7. Control describes research designed to _________.
a. eliminate a disease
b. identify a disease definitively
c. keep a disease from occurring
d. decrease the symptoms/severity of a disease
8. CDC stands for _________.
a. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
b. Communicable Disease Center
c. Center for Disease Control
d. Communicable Disease Control Center
9. Which of the following is not an example of control therapy?
b. Thyroid replacement
d. Heart medication
10. An estimated __________ of tobacco-related deaths are the result of secondhand smoke exposure.
11. Diabetes is linked to all of the following except:
12. Health care research is conducted by all of the following except:
c. the UMW.
d. long-term-care organizations.
13. All of the following are ethnic minority groups in the U.S. except:
b. Native American/Alaskan Native.
14. All of the following may be more likely for patients of different cultures and languages regarding health issues except they __________.
a. will be calm and relaxed
b. may be anxious
c. may be worried
d. may be confused
15. Autonomy means __________.
b. do no harm
c. everyone is equal
16. All of the following are true about codes of ethics except:
a. they are based on ethical principles.
b. health care professionals are held to a higher ethical standard than nonprofessionals.
c. they demand a certain standard of behavior.
d. few professions have them.
17. All of the following are principles of professional behavior except:
18. Which of the following is not a variable strongly related to the level of actual and perceived health within a population?
d. cultural competency
19. The oldest national health care system is in __________.
a. the United States
d. the United Kingdom
20. Which of the following countries does not have a single payer system?
b. New Zealand
21. All of the following describe the market economy model except:
a. the price and distribution of goods is determined by supply and demand.
b. all health care costs are billed to a single agency.
c. the price of care increases as demand increases.
d. services tend to be concentrated in areas of high population.
22. The United States health care system is described as a __________.
a. single payer system
b. variation of the single payer system
c. market economy model
d. mixed model
23. Mexico was in the world spotlight in 2009 because of the __________.
a. Avian flu
c. pandemic H1N1 flu outbreak
d. exceptionally low infant mortality rate
24. The first hospital in Mexico was founded in __________.
25. The medical system in Mexico is a three-part system with different levels of care, provider payments, etc. Which of the following is not one of the three parts?
d. universalThe post HCA200 UNIT 4 EXAM (PERFECT ANSWER) first appeared on essaysresearch.org.HCA200 UNIT 4 EXAM (PERFECT ANSWER) was first posted on October 11, 2020 at 12:50 am.©2019 "essaysresearch.org". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com