To prepare for this discussion, please read Chapter 9 of your (Feenstra, 2013). In addition, read (Forsyth, 2000). Finally, review Instructor Guidance and Announcements. In this discussion, you will consider your own experiences in a group setting. Be sure to use your own and apply appropriately throughout your post.
- Do you love group work or hate it? Formulate your position by synthesizing your own experiences, relating specific course concepts and research findings that support the merit of your view.
- For example, if you believe “two heads are better than one”, you might summarize work on the value of brainstorming. If, however, you think “too many cooks spoil the broth”, you might relate the negative impact of groupthink. Any concept in the chapter is appropriate to utilize for this discussion, and you may discuss more than one if applicable.
- Explain how you might use this knowledge to influence other members and improve the overall function of a group in which you have been/are currently/will be a member.
Post your initial response of 250 words or more by Day 3 (Thursday). Respond to at least two of your peers by Day 7 (Monday). You are encouraged to post one or more of your required replies early each week (e.g., by Saturday) to stimulate more meaningful and interactive discourse in the discussion forum. In addition, strive to provide a response to classmates who replied to your initial post and/or the Instructor (if applicable). Peer responses may vary in length but should be carefully crafted and insightful. Below are some suggestions to assist your thinking.
Guided Response: Reply to at least two or more peers overall. The goal of the discussion forum is to foster continual dialogue, similar to what might occur in a verbal face-to-face exchange. Consider the following in your responses:
- Have you had similar group experiences? How did you handle them?
- What additional suggestions might you offer your peer?
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get 10% Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”