“Government and the Arts; Abstract Expressionism and Music” Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Examine the U.S. Government’s support during the Great Depression for programs, such as the Federal Arts Project, the Federal Writers’ Project, and other such efforts. Determine whether or not such projects were good government investments during those hard times, and provide two (2) examples that support your viewpoint. Determine in what ways the U.S. government currently tries to support the arts.
- State whether you agree or disagree with the perception of Abstract Expressionism as exemplifying individualism and freedom. Explain the reasons for your views. Compare and contrast one (1) example of Abstract Expressionist visual art to John Cage’s musical compositions. After reviewing the pages and Websites below, explain how an abstract expressionist artist might respond to the assertion “my kid could paint that”. Explain your position on that assertion.
Government and the Arts
- Chapter 37 (pp. 1228-1232), Federal support for the arts
- Government helping the arts in hard times:
Abstract Expressionism and Music
- Chapter 38 (pp. 1255-1263, and 1268-9), Abstract Expressionism
- Chapter 38 (pp. 1266-1269), Music of Chance; review the Week 9 “Music Folder”
- John Cage, listen and see – “Dream” at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hVFCmK6GgM
- John Cage, listen and see — “4’33’” at (performed by William Marx):
- Audience reactions to 4’33”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8lXRusTpY4&index=4&list=PL223147EC2385356B (see also http://www.npr.org/2000/05/08/1073885/4-33)
- “My Kid Could Draw That” views: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/my-kid-could-draw-that/; and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/28/study-examines-difference_n_841268.html
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.
The post Government and the Arts; Abstract Expressionism and Music first appeared on Submit Your Homework.
Government and the Arts; Abstract Expressionism and Music was first posted on September 26, 2020 at 7:20 am.
©2019 "Submit Your Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org