- Present an example of an unsound valid deductive argument and a sound valid deductive argument from the media. Outline both arguments presenting the premises and the conclusions of both. Explain why you believe the arguments are sound and unsound. Include a URL to the arguments drawn from a media source. You may draw from the week’s required multimedia for examples. If you are unable to locate examples from the media, you may identify arguments from your life. After you have presented your deductive examples, present an example of an inductive argument from the media and determine whether it is strong or weak. Explain your reasoning about why it is strong or weak, and then explain how the argument might be strengthened. Include a URL to the argument drawn from a media source. If you are unable to locate examples from the media, you may identify an argument from your life.
You must post to this discussion on at least four separate days of the week and your posts must total at least 400 words as you address the questions noted above. Choose From Any Of the Links Below
- Jcr610. (2010). Examined Life: Martha Nussbaum [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbcGbflpFzI
- This video presents an argument that attempts to counter historical social contract theory. Students will analyze the video’s premises, conclusions, and presuppositions. Transcript
- Lalla, M. (2006, June 18). Charlie Chaplin final speech in The Great Dictator [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcvjoWOwnn4
- Ganjavi, R. (n.d). Final speech of The Great Dictator by Charlie Chaplin[Transcript]. Retrieved from http://home.datacomm.ch/rezamusic/chaplin_speech.html
- NASCAR Tango. (2008, Mar. 16). Alan Keyes and Barack Obama speak about homosexuality [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGOXJI-fZmQ
- This video provides opportunities for students to analyze arguments.Transcript
- Rhawk301. (2006, June 15). Alex Jones from Waking Life [Video] Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJXspT2VtOE
- Democratic Underground. (2011). Alex Jones’ rant from Waking Life[Transcript]. Retrieved from http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104×3492600
- Taylor, S. (Executive producer). (2012). Afghanistan: Girl power! [Video file]. Available from the Films On Demand database.
- This video analyzes women’s rights in Afghanistan and presents topics that relate to logical argumentation and lack of factual evidence in constructing social norms.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
The post Explain why you believe the arguments are sound and unsound. appeared first on Homework Handlers.
Explain why you believe the arguments are sound and unsound. was first posted on August 25, 2019 at 2:40 am.
©2019 "Nursing Paper Tutors". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
“Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!”
Explain why you believe the arguments are sound and unsound. was first posted on August 25, 2019 at 2:41 am.