Exploring Your Options
The career options available to psychology majors are many. Graduates of undergraduate psychology programs may choose psychology-related careers in research, education, public service, or even clinical work. They may also choose to work in other fields only indirectly related to psychology, such as marketing, management, and legal services.
Perform research about career options in the field using your textbook and the Argosy University online library resources. Select two scholarly resources for use in this assignment.
“My Next Move” is an online career development tool offered by the US Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
- Review the My Next Move website.
- Complete the career interest assessment by clicking the Start button under “Tell us what you like to do.” When you have completed the assessment, print out the results and save the file.
In the Discussion Area, using 100–150 words, address the following:
- Describe your results for the career interest assessment. Be sure to include answers to the following questions:
- What were your scores for each of the six interest profiles (realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising, and conventional)?
- Which of the suggested careers appear most appealing to you? Select at least two of them. Access the link to each of those careers and describe them. In your description, include aspects such as salary per year, education required, the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed for each; the personality characteristics of people who tend to choose each; and any technology used in each of them.
- What questions do you still have about any of those careers? List at least one question about each career.
"Are you looking for this answer? We can Help click Order Now"