I have attached the Case Memo (file name: Enterprise System Implementation Failure: A Strategic Response?)!
Use the file attached to write memo and also format it using what is stated below on writing the case memo.
Need to understand your role and who you are writing for
Be sure you cover the key issues from the preceding slides, but don’t “just” answer the questions – structure your argument in a proper business memo
Don’t make claims you can’t back up from the case! ALWAYS back up statements with info from case!
For this assignment you are to assume the role of a consultant to CorpeX. Please prepare your response to the following memo from Derek Greenfield.
To: A. Consultant From: Derek Greenfield, IT Manager, CorpeX USA Head Office Re: Strategy for Enterprise Systems in New Zealand Operation
As you know from the case Enterprise System Implementation Failure: A Strategic Response? we have struggled to roll out our enterprise system in our New Zealand operation. I would appreciate your analysis of our work to date and your advice on how to proceed from here.
Please provide your analysis in a memo with the following four headings (no executive summary is required):
CURRENT SITUATION – an analysis of where we stand with respect to the enterprise systems project and our business needs.
What you need to communicate
– Who is the decision maker? (that’s who you are writing to)
– What is/are the decision(s) he/she has to make?
– What is your understanding of the nature of the context?
Fit between Business Strategy, Organization and IT?
What is the significance of the decision for the organization?
What are the causal factors that have led us to our current place?
• No need to restate the case facts – they came from the decision maker BUT–
Use case facts to provide evidence in support of your arguments
CRITERIA – the criteria we should use to evaluate any actions we take, why these are important, and how they will be measured.
ALTERNATIVES AND RECOMMENDATION – what options do you think we should be considering, along with your analysis and recommendation of which option we should pursue.
For each decision to be made
– Identify the possible options, including those given in the case and others that you may construct
– Identify the relevant criteria for comparing the options • The measures against which you will assess your options • Should flow from the current situation analysis • Need to explain – …why you selected the criteria you did? – …how they are prioritized?
– Assess each option against each criterion
Be thorough & balanced
Use financial analysis wherever possible
A table can be a useful tool, but it’s not a substitute for explanation
– Make a specific recommendation, summarizing your analysis and relating it back to the problem statement
IMPLEMENTATION PLAN – propose an action plan that translates your recommendations into a coherent and achievable set of activities that take into account the organizational context in which we operate. Please be as specific as possible with respect to the short term, medium term and long term actions we should focus on. Also, as far as possible please advise who should be doing what, the risks of your proposed plan and any contingencies we should prepare. If you suggest the use of consultants or other external resources, I would like your specific guidance on how to hire and manage these firms.
Every decision you make requires an implementation plan – WHO needs to do WHAT, WHEN, HOW and WHY
– Separate short term, medium term and long term actions • Short term address the immediate issue
• Medium and long term address other issues that may be relevant • Be sure to define what you mean by short, medium and long term – Analysis of options should help identify key risks• e.g., the negative aspects of the option you chose may represent risks to be managed •Implementation plan also needs to consider risk mitigation – Decrease probability or impact – But also consider “plan b”
Internet research is allowed, but not expected. If you do engage in online research, make sure you only look at materials that would have been available to the decision maker at the time of the case.
Be sure that your writing is your own and that any source materials that you reference are properly cited.
The report is to be addressed to the decision maker in the case and appropriate for a practicing manager. This means that detailed descriptions of frameworks and theories are of less value than the application of relevant concepts to the specific problem the decision maker faces.
Reports must be no more than 2,000 words inclusive of all text and graphics (that includes the memo header, date and your student number etc.). A penalty will be assessed for every word over the limit that you use.
Format using single spacing, 1 inch margins and 11 point font.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount! Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Case Analysis Memo appeared first on Top Premier Essays.