For project 2, please provide short answers for the following:
1. Briefly describe the rock cycle; be sure to define each rock type (igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic) and briefly discuss the processes that lead to the formation of each;
2. Igneous rocks are classified based on their TEXTURE and COMPOSITION. Define TEXTURE and COMPOSITION.
3. Define the following igneous rock textures: aphanitic, phaneritic, porphyritic, vesicular, glassy, and pegmatitic.
4. List the common igneous rock-forming minerals (there are eight or nine) and give their formulas.
5. Define ULTRAMAFIC, MAFIC, INTERMEDIATE, and FELSIC.
6. For each of the following igneous rocks, state if it is extrusive or intrusive and whether it is ultramafic, mafic, intermediate, or felsic:
7. List and briefly define the three types of volcanoes.
Please submit your Word document to the Assignments folder under Project 2.